Bring the delicious, crispy joy of fried artichokes to the comfort of your own kitchen! With our Pezzini Farms Fried artichoke mix, it's easy to cook up some tasty treats.
Here's what you need:
- Pezzini Farms Fried Artichoke Mix
- Small or baby artichokes (available at the stand!)
- 1 cup cup water
- Cooking oil
- Deep fryer or large sauce pan
- 1 Lemon
- Prepare a large bowl of water and lemon juice to place the peeled and cut artichoke hearts in. The acid from the lemon juice, mixed with water, will keep the artichoke hearts from turning brown. Plus, it adds a nice lemon-y taste!
- Pull off the outer leaves of the artichoke until you reach the yellow soft leaves on the inside. Peel away leaves until there are no green leaves left. Any green leaves left on the artichoke heart will have a bitter taste, so it's important to remove them all!
- Cut the tip off the artichoke and trim off all the rough leaf "roots" around the stalk of the heart.
- Put into lemon water to rest. Keep peeling and trimming the artichoke hearts until all are ready.
- Steam or sautee the artichoke hearts until soft.
- Mix 1 cup of Pezzini Farms artichoke mix with 1 cup water.
- Heat a large sauce pan or deep fryer to 350 degrees.
- Dip and roll the artichoke hearts in the mixture until desired coating is applied, then carefully drop into the deep fryer or saucepan. Cook on one side until golden brown, then turn, cook other side until golden brown and remove.
- Wait for them to cool, then enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce! We like a spicy ranch or spicy mayo sauce.
Are you a local maker or artisan? We want you for the first-ever Pezzini Farms & Friends one-day market!Our Farm Stand location will act as the grounds of gathering for local vendors offering goods of all types. The best part? Being a vendor is free! All interested vendors please email us for a vendor application form, [...]
Ingredients:Pezzini Farms Baby Artichokes (10-12)1 Package of Pasta Partner's Roasted Garlic and Parsley Linguine, or other pasta of choice1 Package of ChorizoOlive OilGarlic (4 cloves)Lemons (2)Red Onion (1)1 Can of Tomato PureeRed Chili FlakesBalsamic VinegarParmesan CheeseButterWhite WineTo begin:Prepare a pot of water on high. Bring to boil and throw the pasta in!Create the acidic [...]
Ingredients:4 Pezzini Farms Heirloom Green Globe Artichokes (order online) 3 Lemons1 Christopher Ranch Pesto Sauce (order online)8 Small pieces of PancettaA handful of baby heirloom tomatoesOlive OilPinch of Salt and PepperDirections:Artichoke:Peel back all the tough/fiberous petalsCut the top 1/4 of the artichoke offPrepare a pot of boiling waterSqueeze lemon in waterBoil your Artichokes until you can [...]