Baked Pesto, Pancetta & Tomato Pezzini Farms Artichokes
- 4 Pezzini Farms Heirloom Green Globe Artichokes (order online)
- 3 Lemons
- 1 Christopher Ranch Pesto Sauce (order online)
- 8 Small pieces of Pancetta
- A handful of baby heirloom tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Peel back all the tough/fiberous petals
- Cut the top 1/4 of the artichoke off
- Prepare a pot of boiling water
- Squeeze lemon in water
- Boil your Artichokes until you can easily pull away one of the bottom leaves
- Remove the inside choke (the fuzzy innards)
- Cut artichoke in half
- Coat with a light mixture of lemon and olive oil
- Throw on pre-heated grill for 5-10 minutes turning frequently to cook evenly
- Preheat oven to 400
- Mix together Christopher Ranch pesto with small heirloom tomatoes in Oven Safe container
- Cook until tomatoes are soft (~10 minutes)
- Throw pancetta in a skillet
- Cook until brown and crispy
- Take a scoopful of the pesto/tomato mixture and line the inside of your Artichoke half.
- Add your nice and crispy piece of pancetta!
- Garnish with a squeeze of lemon!
EAT AND ENJOY!