Chorizo & Baby Artichoke Linguine
- Pezzini Farms Baby Artichokes (10-12)
- 1 Package of Pasta Partner's Roasted Garlic and Parsley Linguine, or other pasta of choice
- 1 Package of Chorizo
- Olive Oil
- Garlic (4 cloves)
- Lemons (2)
- Red Onion (1)
- 1 Can of Tomato Puree
- Red Chili Flakes
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Parmesan Cheese
- White WineTo begin:
- Prepare a pot of water on high. Bring to boil and throw the pasta in!
- Create the acidic mixture below to soak your artichokes in after cutting.
- This keeps the artichoke's color and adds some great flavors.
- Add 3 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- Throw in 2 cloves of diced garlic
- Combine 2-3 Tablespoons of water
- Squeeze 1-2 Lemons
- Cut away top third and the stem of the artichoke.
- Peel back all the tough outer leaves until you hit the tender baby leaves.
- Cut in half and throw in the mixture!
- Throw your combined mixture into a sauce pan. Add a cup of white wine and about a quarter of a stick of butter to the pan. Sauté until the artichokes are soft!
- Cook chorizo until brown and crumbly (~10 minutes)
- Drain any excess oil.
In a separate bowl...
- Chop up half a red onion
- Dice 2 cloves of garlic
- Add one Tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle desired red chili flakes
- Add close to half a can of Tomato puree, or Pezzini Farms Organic Marinara Pasta Sauce or Artichoke Parmesan Pasta Sauce.
Add the sauce to the chorizo, then add a cup of water and let simmer! Simmer for 8-10 minutes and then add the artichokes.
Throw some parmesan on for taste and you're ready to eat!